Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Stop the Anxiety

So you can't fall asleep? If you are like me and are tired of tossing and turning each night, then you'll want to listen to what I have to say.

I remember going for almost 6 months straight where I was getting no more than 2 to 4 hours of sleep a night. It was awful. I'd lay down to go to bed feeling extremely tired, but then I would just lay there. One hour would go by, then two hours, before I knew it, it was three or four in the morning. Man, what an awful feeling!

After a while, I would start to get anxiety. "Why can't I fall asleep," I would wonder. I start thinking about all kinds of things. Bills, what I had to do at work the next day, what plans I had for the weekend. My mind would just keep racing and racing.

The worst was when I started to really dwell on how little sleep I was going to get. I would get extremely scared and my anxiety would shoot through the roof then. Once the clock got past 4 A.M., I would go into a near panic attack.

Sometimes I would get up and dig around the refrigerator for something to eat. Other nights, I'll get up and turn to some kind of infomercial to pass the time until the sun would come up.

My performance at work began to suffer and my family really noticed a difference in me. My health also started to deteriorate and I'm sure that looked awful. I had these really dark bags under my eyes and I wouldn't shave him most days because I just didn't have the time once I got around to getting ready to leave.

I also noticed that I began to have a lot of depression. It kind of snuck up on me. At first, it was just a case of insomnia, but before I knew it my whole personality and outlook on life had changed. I did my best to distance myself from my friends and family. I knew that I looked awful and the truth was that I just did not have the energy to spend on them.

You have got to get your mind right to stop the anxiety that keeps you up at night. You can't just keep doing the same things night in and night out and expect to get better.

One thing that really helped me (for a while) was trying to write down everything that was on my mind before I went to bed. That way you don't spend all night thinking about everything. Unfortunately, this did not help me completely solve my problem. Try Internet #1 - Can't Sleep At Night Anxiety @ http://insomniacure01.webs.com and kill your Insomnia Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment